Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My dad or so called.

So a friend of my dads called today
a guy I knew only as "uncle norm"
and says "hey where is your dad I am worried he usually
keeps in contact"
I haven't herd from this guy in at least 20 yrs let alone
knew he had my phone number.
all that aside...It was really nice to hear from him

It did however bring back a lot of memories
from childhood. He was my dad's best friend
or at least one of them..And we moved a lot
because He (my dad) was in the army so uncle norm
moved too..He too was in the army..
He had two daughters that I remember quite
well....One who got me into a lot of trouble frequently
and the other who was somewhat of a miss priss.
ah not so fond memories....

however now that I am grown up (a little anyway) my mind
tends to think more on the really cool memories.

for instance..These pictures .....Well how many kids can say that this was their back yard...that their dad taught them
the names of all the trees..How to gut a bullhead for bait.
how to walk on leaves with out making a sound.
how to hunt....The right way(I mean by walking and not driving up to the deer).

Oh don't get me wrong my dad was not a nice person by any stretch of the word.
He was down right mean to the point that he radiated the coldness that was in his heart and you could feel it like an ice cube. I am not in the least bit over stating that either. If any thing I would be understating it.

however I would not have had so many wonderful adventures if I had never known him....four wheeling on old logging road(that was scary sometimes),
fishing and swimming in the wilson river or better yet the the green river gorge.

I watch my daughter with her daddy and pray that even though
he is not perfect that she can see the good and keep that in her heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLD ON TO THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE, HOWEVER, REMEMBER THE LESSONS LEARNED GOOD AND BAD. FOR AS A TWIG IS BENT SO GROWS THE TREE. UNLESS YOU ARE A LEMMING AND THEN CLAWS DO BECOME A FACTOR.