Tuesday, September 18, 2007

oh the differance

so tonight my husband is folding the clothes
and he says to me
"look at this pile it is allllllllll Emily's, there is hardly any of Davids.
what is she doing putting the clean clothes in with the dirty?"
well I just simply nodded my head and explained the thing with girls vs boys and how they differ in the clothes.......
my son for instant if his pants are on...... let me rephrase that cause he never wears pant it is always shorts.......
if he has his shorts on and his shirt the chances of him changing his clothes after that are slim if at all. It would be like us trying to make water come out of a rock with out a rod.
but with Emily if she decides that she is not happy with the attire after she has it on well she will simply change her clothes and apparently the ones she is changing out of have been contaminated and will go not back into her draw but into the laundry
I did not realize this until she was dressing herself that indeed she is like a little whirl wind when it comes to clothes. picture the person throwing clothes behind them out of drawer and you would be picturing my daughter.
my son on the other hand is the exact opposite.
once those clothes are on they are like glue. he is picky about what he wears but until he finds it he is not changing out of jammies.
and matching is not a issue for him. one long sock and one short sock apparently are perfectly legal.
so are not tying your shoes. and so what if your shirt is below your short line... not a problem.

I had some quirks too at this age and even older. I just didn't realize it was passed down....... oh the fun I have. ;0P

7 comments:

judi/Gmj said...

Oh yeah, left sock, right sock girl!!

Rachel said...

That's funny!

Martha said...

I used to wonder why there were more of Ben's clothes than anyone elses. Apparently when he removed them they immediately dropped into the pile on the floor. Same for anything that happened to come out of the drawer in his search. I have to say he has outgrown this problem for the most part. His pile of clean clothes is no longer the tallest in the basket.

Heather said...

What a funny post! I can relate. My Bethany used to sometimes throw folded clothes in the hamper. That made me crazy!

Tracy said...

I never thought about this problem. The things we can learn from parents...

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

How different even kids can be , not to name you hus HAH!

Have a great week:)
Stop by at my blog some time BYE!!

Priscilla said...

My daughter tends to do what Ben did. Sometimes I've been known to take things out of the wash pile, fold them and put them away because I know they aren't dirty!