Friday, December 07, 2007

here we go

here we go again....*sigh*
I went to an interview yesterday. I am 98% sure I have the job.
it is not a job I would have picked for myself.
it is not a job I would have even thought up.
let me give you some history on the situation.
my hub has been trying to go threw this Vocational Rehabilitation program,to be retrained in a new career. but this process has just made us all frustrated. it has been since October and he has gotten very little progress in "their" process.
soooooo It is back to work I go.
It sucks!
but that is another story of my own struggles.
anyway hubby is now looking for a swing shift job so that we don't have to pay for child care
but I am willing to pay . that too is another story.
ahhhhh to many story's..... LOL.
so my neighbor came over a few days ago and said that his work is hiring and do I want the job.
well....... my processing skills are shall we say not fast......HA.
so I say let me pray about it..... then promptly got into a heated discussion with my husband.
needless to say I filled out the app.
the job? ah I thought you would be curious. sorry I was a little ramblely
I am going to be a driver for foster kids.
in other words I will be driving foster kids from foster homes to school and after school
or from foster homes to visits with their "real" parents.
sounds interesting doesn't it?
not the kind of job I was looking for but we will see how this works out.
maybe God has another plan for me ?
who knows.
talk to you later.

14 comments:

kristina said...

wow. That is very interesting. I have never heard of a job like that. Might be fun. I hope it works out.

Martha said...

Sounds very interesting. God has his very own way of getting us where He wants us to be and in touch with who He wants us to minister to. I never would have thought there was a job like that.

Martha said...

Hi Kristina.

Gudl said...

I think you are the right person for that!

Rachel said...

That's great! I know it's not what you were expecting, but like Martha said, God has his way of putting us where he wants us.

judi/Gmj said...

Yeah, see that is what I have been saying for two days!! God opens doors, it's up to you Trust. Right, Martha? :)

joeks said...

What an excellent opportunity! I'm thinking you could be blessed AND be a blessing with this job.

Heather said...

What an interesting job! I think it sounds like a wonderful ministry for you and a job on top of that. I think it will work out great.

kristina said...

Hi Martha.
:)

junglemama said...

What a great job! I would definitely do something like that. Who did you contact to find out about the job?

T said...

Christine hello!
I did not find it.... my neighbor works for dhs and he found me.
so apparently this is something God wants me to do.
really I don't want to work outside of being a wife and mom, but we can't always have what we want....at least that is what I tell my kids. LOL

Heather said...

T, did you find out yet if you got the job??

Martha said...

Yes, Gmj, trust. Easy to say, hard to do.

Heather said...

Congratulations! When do you start the new job?